Energy Balance Nutrition Consulting (EBNC) offers health & wellness workshops to help employees establish a realistic health and wellness routine that they can stick to. We are also more than happy to customize a plan for you and your employees. Please CONTACT us for more information.
Our workshops are centered on asking and answering specific nutrition/exercise related questions. The goal of which is to establish an easy to follow routine within the context of each person’s skills, abilities, resources, and unique situation. We focus on starting with small sustainable changes that can build your confidence and keep you motivated to push you forward toward your goals.
Our programs consist of short lectures, group discussions, one-on-one discussions, small group breakaways, some homework, and developing action plans that participants can take away from each workshop and immediately utilize in working towards better health!
Below is a listing of some of the topics we use as a focus of our sessions. Some questions may seem simple or basic, but they are critical to get people to think about the hundreds of health and wellness decisions they make every day. Answering these questions will lead to more in depth discussions about decision making, habit formation, and ownership of each individual’s health.
- What are the “Nutrition Rules” that govern the way you eat?
- What are your obstacles to healthy eating and exercising?
- Fitness and Nutrition Priorities: Where do they fall?
- What is in your exercise toolbox?
- 5 Keys to healthy eating (Parts 1 and 2).
- Why all diets are created equal (or equally bad).
- The who, what, when, where, why, and how of grocery shopping.
- Why a recipe manager makes meal planning and preparation so much easier.
- Estimating calories and calorie counting, is it worth it?
- Don’t just tell me what to do, show me how to do it!
- Nutrition and Exercise Return on Investment (NEROI).
- Why you should wear a Fitbit Zip.
- Why your body is a result of your lifestyle (and why this is a good thing).
- What makes one food “good” for you and another food “bad” for you.
- What is the best diet to lose weight?
- Where do I look for reliable health & wellness information?
- The potential benefits of time restricted eating.
- Does “healthy” food really cost more than “unhealthy” food?
EBNC helps your employees really dive in and take a complete assessment/inventory of their health & wellness habits. If you would like more information on the workshops EBNC can offer your employees (or workshops you do not see listed but would like to offer your employees), please CONTACT us! We would love to answer any questions you may have. Companies we have worked with are found below.
In addition to worksite wellness, we offer a 90 minute seminar to help you better understand what "The Importance of Fat Oxidation is to Weight Loss" (the answer may surprise you). This 90 minute seminar and 30 minute question and answer session is accredited by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), and the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and is perfect for personal trainers and members of your gym looking for an advanced understanding of how to manipulate diet and exercise to maximize fat oxidation. Please feel free to view my YouTube Channel and browse my website to get a sense of what this presentation entails!